Europe's most awarded film school!
The year 2021 was a year full of non-standard challenges for our students. However, the past months have proven to us that nothing can stop true passion, and every difficulty can be overcome.
The success of the task carried out by the Warsaw Film School for more than 18 years – the production of student films – is proven by the international careers of its graduates, the growing number of applicants each year and the two Academy Award® nominations. The students demonstrated their craft not only in terms of the number of etudes prepared, but above all in terms of quality.
In 2021 the etudes of Warsaw Film School qualified 203 times for Polish and foreign film festivals (including 10 times for Academy Award qualifying festivals) and won as many as 82 awards in total.
Among the school’s greatest successes, the following are worth mentioning:
- Best Narrative Short at the Atlanta Film Festival for the film „The Dress”, which leaded to the Academy Awards® nomination,
- More awards for „The Dress”: Best Student Fiction Film IN THE PALACE, Grand Prix of Grand Off, Long Story Short, Lato z Muzami, The Pidgeon IFF, São Paulo Film Festival, as well as Silver Dinosaur at the Etiuda&Anima, Wroclaw’s Mayor Award, Best Actress Award (Grand Off) and two nominations to J. Machulski Awards,
- 6 out of 7 awards in the Short Film Competition of the Gdynia Film Festival, including Grand Prix and Best Cinematography Award for „My Brother a Fisherman” (dir. Alicja Sokół), Special Prize for „The Howling” (dir. Bartosz Brzeziński) and three awards: Special Mention for Best Actress, Strong Entrance of „Zwierciadło” and Dr Irena Eris Company Award for „The Cracks” (dir. Magdalena Gajewska),
- our first full-lenght feature film „The Land” has its cinema premiere and lately hit Netflix. A film by the Warsaw Film School has reached Netlix subscribers all over the world,
- Golden Tadpole at the Energa Camerimage for Max Bugajak for the film „The Howling”,
- „The Cracks” in the EFP FUTURE FRAMES program.
We inspire: we teach what we are passionate about,
We educate: professional artists and creative professionals,
We provide: learning through practice and experience.
With our help the filmmakers can find a place for themselves – in the industry and in the film crew.
See Other Articles
We have two different educational programmes for English-speaking audience!
Discover our innovative, fully distance online studies, accessible globally for the English-speaking audience!
Discover Universal Filmmaker Programme - an innovative, fully distance online studies accessible for English speaking audience from all over the world.